Structured data is essential for your business success. Therefore, an important step in the right direction is to eliminate data silos and share information of the crucial systems. So it is possible to combine the advantages of both and lift your marketing to a whole new level. A classic example, where the merger of two relevant systems has enormous potential, is CRM and email marketing.
Considering that the target groups of your CRM often overlap those in your email marketing system, why do you not merge this information in order to generate added value for both sides? Often the customer data in the CRM is perfectly organized. However, when it comes to sending an email campaign, all addresses have to be manually imported and the results are difficult to bring back into the other system – quite different with an efficient interface. Not only nerves, but also time is saved. Furthermore, customer information isn’t lost through an automated process. If you take a closer look, there are even more advantages that you will gain by combining your CRM and email marketing:
- You will benefit from a current and high quality database – in both systems.
- The knowledge about your customers is enriched in both systems and shared efficiently.
- Your sales team has access to the responses of the email campaigns and can react to the customers individually.
- Sales expertise is transferred to the content of the newsletter – this will increase its relevance enormously.
- Tigger in CRM can start automated processes in the email marketing system.
- You can determine the return on investment (ROI) across both platforms – from the first contact through to the final sale.
Harmonic relationship between CRM and email marketing
Application example: Supplementing customer data through click behavior
In order to constantly improve the relevance of your mailings, it is important to know the interests of your subscribers and to get to know them even better. One possibility is the segmentation based on their click behavior. By analyzing the reactions of your campaigns, your subscribers can be classified easily. Transfer these results into your CRM and the sales department benefits from this knowledge. So it is possible, that they can respond individually to the interests of the contact person. This exchange of information also works quite well in the opposite direction: Determined preferences are entered by the sales team in CRM and can be used automatically when segmenting your newsletter subscribers.
Application example: Sales support through automated workflows
There are many ways you can efficiently support your sales team through the combination of CRM and email marketing. We’ve picked two of them for you:
- Do you offer workshops, webinars, etc. for your customers or prospects? If a person participates, simply enter this information in your CRM. Through an interface to mailworx, you create an efficient way for cross-selling campaigns – all possible via marketing automation. Filter which customers have already visited your workshops and send your regular invitations adapted to this information.
- The download of an e-book on your website is handled via mailworx form? The information about the download and other campaign reactions are linked to your CRM through the interface. This way, you supplement data and your sales team can access this information easily. Try it on your own – it will increase your success rates enormously.
Application example: Support through the Customer Lifecycle
It’s a rocky road from a lead to a loyal customer. However, it can be supported efficiently by email marketing. Categorization is done by the sales team in the CRM system – the current status of the customer is thus documented and can be used for further measures. Depending on the classification, the subscribers are provided with relevant information. In addition to independent mailings, these information can also be used for individual sections in the context of the regular newsletter. This will increase the relevance and also the performance of your campaigns with little effort.
Application example: Reminder emails & personalization
In addition to the many application examples that are supported by automated workflows, you should not forget about the simpler or less complex, but effective, ways. Through the connection between CRM and mailworx, it is possible to trigger simple reminder mailings for an agreed appointment or a workshop. In addition, you can supplement your subscriber data with the CRM master data, in order to improve the personalization of your emails.
mailworx – as flexible as your system
You are interested in an efficient interface of your individual CRM system and mailworx? We are happy to support you in this case and provide you with the optimal integration package for your use case. More information about our mailworx integration packages can be found here.
PS: In addition to the customized solution, we offer standard interfaces to Microsoft Dynamics CRM, AXAVIAseries CRM and SAP CRM – get in touch with us and we will start optimizing your processes together.